Thank you for your interest in the Financial Assistance Fund administered by the Pioneer Area Ministerial Association (PAMA). Our desire is to advance the name of Jesus Christ by helping people in the Pioneer Area in both spiritual needs as well as physical needs. We would like to help you. There are several considerations that we ask of you.
- First of all, complete the Financial Assistance Application form. The form is used to help us determine eligibility.PAMA Financial Assistance FundCover Letter – Contact list
PAMA Financial Assistance Application
- If you do not have access to a printer, you can pick up the form at one of the PAMA churches.
- Next, attend a Sunday morning service of one the PAMA churches—see attached list for your consideration. Any potential distribution will not be made prior to attending.
- If you are approved, a check will only be made payable to the respective utility, landlord, grocery store, etc. Unfortunately, we will not provide cash assistance. Monies provided are not to support gaming, tobacco, or alcohol consumption.
- You may pick up the check on the Monday following the Sunday morning service you attend or a check will be mailed on your behalf to the respective payee.
- The maximum amount granted is $150.00 although the amount gifted could be less.
- There are several churches in the PAMA group that have food pantries. If you are in need and can benefit from their services, please contact them directly—see attached list for your consideration.
- Budget and debt counseling: We want to extend financial counseling to you as well. You can call toll free (877) 809-0039 (Lutheran Social Services Financial Counseling) between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. to set up a telephone appointment with a certified financial counselor. You are eligible to receive up to three additional appointments if you need them. If you desire further assistance, please ask. There are other programs offered by various churches that can assist in both counseling and financial budgeting.
If you have any questions, please contact one of the PAMA pastors or call to set up an appointment on Wednesday evenings (5:00 – 6:00 PM) at Bridgewater Community Church, 07984 CR P-50, Montpelier, OH 43543. We are located at the corner of County Road P-50 and County Road 8 (Northwest of Montpelier, OH).
Pioneer Area Ministerial Association Location and Contact InformationAlvordton & Pioneer United Methodist Church 706 Baubice Street , Pioneer, OH 43554 419-737-2864 Alvordton United Brethren Church Pastor Dan VanArsdalen US 20, Alvordton, OH 43501 419-286-6801 Bridgewater Community Church Pastor Mark Pitman 07992 County Road P-50, Montpelier, OH 43543 First Church of Amboy 3000 Territorial Road, Camden, MI 49232 517-469-7950 Kunkle United Brethren Church 400 E. Angola Road, Kunkle, OH 43531 419-737-2292 Lake View Church Pastor Stephen Smith 4616 E. Territorial Road, Camden, MI 49232 517-567-8529 Madison Church of God Pastor Mike Wilder 13730 Co. Road N65, Montpelier, OH 43543 419-485-4112 Nettle Lake United Brethren Church Pastor Mike WiIder 18 560 Co. Road 575, Montpelier, OH 43543 419-485-4112 Pioneer Church of the Nazarene Pastor Gene McBride 13962 Co. Road S, Pioneer, OH 43554 419-737-3083 Silver Creek Church of the Brethren Pastor Terry Baldwin 17482 Co. Road 16, Pioneer, OH 43554 419-737-2878